A simple yet effective email sequence to set up is a ‘reactivation campaign’. We all know that databases shrink with age due to email addresses changing, demographics within your community changing etc.
Understanding this, brands still have the ability to win some of these lapsed email addresses back and I’m scratching my head at why this isn’t common place.
- Helps to maintain a clean email database
- Helps to remove unwanted or unengaged email addresses
- Encourages community to fall back in love with the brand
How this works:
Set up an email sequence in your email platform that follows the basic steps below. Before setting this up you will need an incentive (offer) to re-engage this community.
If a member hasn’t opened an email in 3 months they need to be flagged in a new list/origin called ‘lapsed’. They will then not get sent your weekly emails (reducing your send number but improving your open rate number) and instead be moved to the reactivation campaign sequence.
- If member hasn’t opened an email in 4 months send them an email inviting them back to the community with offer (10% off next purchase).
- If member hasn’t opened email in 5 months send them an email inviting them back to the community with offer (15% off next purchase).
- If member hasn’t opened in 6 months send them email inviting them back to the community with a strong offer (25% off next purchase).
If a member opens one of these emails they’re back into the engaged community list. If member doesn’t open any of these emails they’re completely removed from your database.
Setting this up may seem like a shock and yes, you marketing managers that have number KPI’s will now need to work harder at your job and so you should!